EverWell: Happy Halloween Safety Tips!
Halloween: Heading link
Created by Wellness Center Interns
Please scroll down to view ppt with great information and a cool short video on alcohol and your brain.
Halloween safety tips!
Have a fun and safe Halloween!
Safety tips for drivers:
- Stay alert and pay attention to your surroundings, especially at night. Some people may wear dark colors that make it hard to see them.
- Drive slowly and be prepared to stop for kids who may run out in front of you.
- Remember that there will be more foot traffic on Halloween night, and most of it will be excited, young children.
- Don’t look at your phone when driving.
- If you are driving on Halloween night, be extra careful. Slow down and look ahead and at the rearview mirrors.
- Above all, Never drink and Drive.
If you’re over 21, here are a few ways to enjoy a drink safely:
- Plan your drinking, be aware of your limits, and track your intake.
- Make a plan for your safe return home before you depart.
- Use a designated driver.
- Implement the buddy system
- Space out your drinks
- Check out UIC’s Alcohol and Other Drug Policy as well as UIC’s Wellness Center Safe drinking page here for more safe drinking tips:https://wellnesscenter.uic.edu/resources-and-services/alcohol-e-chug/