Ignore the Productive Pressure
Take a look at the following article featured in the Chronicle of Higher Education! ( Yet another resource available to you as a student affiliated with UIC via the Library databases)
A few Key Points made by the Author Aisha S. Ahmad (03/27/2020):
*The underlying fact: Life as we know it has changed forever!
Due to COVID-19 life as we know it has changed indefinitely. We are now changed in the way we move, build, learn and connect.
What we all need to get by:
- Focus on food, family, friends, and maybe fitness
- Develop a team and build a sustainable and safe social system NOW.
- A mental shift
- Allow yourself room for a mental shift. (It’s okay not to be okay. You are processing catastrophic moments)
- Mental shifts require humility and patience
- Embrace a new normal
- Build weekly schedules that prioritize the security of home team
- Wake up early!
Read the full articles to read Aisha S. Ahmad’s words of encouragement! (Below)