Benefits of Meditation
Today’s Wellness tip is meditation! As we work on mending our mental health, please use meditation as a resource to cope with all the stress!
In this new journey, please know it’s okay to “mess up” and wonder, but as long as you keep up with, you can reap the benefits!
The goal is to practice meditation as frequently as possible aim for 4x a week for about at least 10 min a day! (5 min if need be)
Please read below for the benefits of mindfulness meditation!
Some Benefits of Meditation!
- Helps reduce stress
- Can help manage anxiety
- Helps you focus and concentrate
- Enhances self-awareness through mindfulness
- Can help with memory retention
- Increase pain tolerance (resiliency)
- Helps with sleep
- Helps promote a healthy heart and lowers blood pressure
- Can make you happier
- Promotes positive attitudes towards yourself and others
Please know there are many different forms of meditation, and whichever you choose to endeavor in has its own range of benefits.
There are two major styles of meditation: (Taken from Health Line Nutrition)
- Focused-attention meditation: Concentrates attention on a single object, thought, sound, or visualization. It emphasizes ridding your mind of attention and distraction. Meditation may focus on breathing, a mantra, or a calming sound.
- Open-monitoring meditation: Encourages broadened awareness of all aspects of your environment, train of thought, and sense of self. It may include becoming aware of thoughts, feelings, or impulses that you might normally try to suppress.
You’re not trying to turn off your thoughts or feelings. You’re learning to observe them without judgment. And eventually, you may start to better understand them as well.
Best Apps to help meditate:
- Insight Timer
Please feel free also to use these videos to help create a calm and tranquil environment for you when you are meditating! Heading link
The playlist was put together by Wellness Staff and shared in another News post! Hope you enjoy 🙂