Individual Wellness Consultations
Consultations with a health educator are available during office hours by appointment.
Staff can provide consultation and referrals for topics including: stress management, smoking cessation, responsible drinking, sexual well-being, general nutrition, safety and more. Fill out a request form to schedule a consultation. On average, consultations are a one-time session lasting for 30-60min. Students may sign up for one session per semester.
- Individual consultations are intended for Wellness concerns. Consultations are not intended for clinical counseling. If you are experiencing a crisis or emergency and require services outside of business hours, please call 911.
- The Wellness Center is not a walk-in clinic. If you have a physical medical concern, we recommend contacting your primary care physician.
- If you are attempting to seek ongoing counseling for depression, anxiety, or any other concern, please contact the UIC Counseling Center. The UIC Counseling Center is confidential and free to all registered UIC students. Click the link below for information on the Counseling Center.
- All University employees, except staff in the Campus Advocacy Network (CAN) and the Counseling Center who provide advocacy or counseling services, have a duty to report any incidents involving sexual misconduct. Refer to a description of Responsible Employee. For more information, visit: https://sexualmisconduct.uic.edu/policy/#:~:text=UIC%20prohibits%20and%20will%20not,recurrence%2C%20and%20remedy%20its%20effects
- Unless otherwise informed by a Wellness Center staff member, you will hear back from Wellness Center staff within 48-72 hours of your initial request. Please note that due to unpredictable events, appointments might need to be rescheduled.